Zelda is a vanity table that puts a contemporary spin on the classic bedroom dresser and pays homage to Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald, the wife of the author of The Great Gatsby, while enriching Devon&Devon’s range of home and personal grooming collections.
The dresser frame is defined by the sinuous lines of the countertops and side doors, the rounded shapes of the semi-circular handles that mirror each other to form a full circle, and the round circumference of the large, central mirror, which measures 1m in diameter.
The slender, streamlined table-legs are made of natural brass, like the similarly curved profiles that gently accompany the curves of the countertops and doors, and frame the diamond-cut mirror and the base of the velvet ottoman.
The countertop is made of lustrous Cremo-Extra marble, streaked with delicate, pale-yellow vein patterns. Between the two drawers under the main countertop (one of which is a ring-drawer), there is a pull-out tray clad in pink velvet.
The doors and drawers are made of lacquered wood and are available in three versions:
- the first is an intense powder-pink with mallow hints, a shade that Zelda Fitzgerald loved and repeatedly described in her writings;
- the second is a cream white, which underscores the formal purity of the vanity table, by emphasising the stark contrast with the golden light of the brass elements;
- the third features a subtle, two-tone, zig-zag weave of Art Deco inspiration, with irregular, fragmented lines that are reminiscent of the texture of twill fabrics.
All the colours can be customised to order.
- Materiali: corpo in legno laccato lucido; profili, maniglie, pomelli, gambe e bordatura dello specchio e del pouf in ottone naturale; pouf e rivestimento interno dei cassetti e del piano estraibile in velluto, piani in marmo cremo-extra, specchio diamantato.
- Dimensioni: larghezza max: 155 cm apertura per seduta: 70 cm profondità max: 45 cm altezza: 81 cm (con specchio: 181 cm).